Posted on 19/11/2022
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
Sub: A Complaint against Mrs. Nirmala Sitharaman, Mr. Shaktikanta Das, Mr. R Subramaniakumar, Mrs. Charu Sandeep Desai and Mr. Ajay Piramal
I, the undersigned, Dr. Debaprasad Bandyopadhyay (S/O Late Sadhan Prasad Bandyopadhyay), age 57 years, have tried my best to file a complaint online through the Lokpal portal. However, all my efforts ended in a smoke as the website, perhaps due to some technical glitch, kept on redirecting to the Login page whenever I clicked on the “Save as Draft” button. Even Robert Bruce would have been frustrated by seeing this type of malfunctioning of the Lokpal portal in the Digital India!
I, an FD Holder of the Dewan Housing Finance Corporation Limited (DHFL), am appealing to you for seeking justice regarding the irregularities and illegalities noticed in the DHFL Resolution Process by the RBI-appointed Committee of Creditors (CoC). All the visible deeds with legal conflict of the RBI-appointed CoC can be found in the NCLT Order passed on 19/05/2021 and the NCLAT Order passed on 27/01/2022.
All the documents attached here may prove the hostile and illegal takeover of DHFL by the Piramal Capital and Housing Finance (they are using another dubious name for their company: Piramal Finance, across all social and print media platforms post-takeover) by depriving thousands of FD and NCD Holders of their deposits. Mr. Ajay Piramal, the Chairperson of the Piramal Group as well as an insider trader, was earlier fined by SEBI in 2016.
- The NCLT Order (19/05/2021), directing the CoC to reconsider DHFL’s erstwhile promoter Mr. Kapil Wadhawan’s 100% repayment proposal within 10 days, was ignored by Ajay Piramal and the DHFL CoC (headed by Administrator R Subramaniakumar) and they immediately rushed to the NCLAT to put a stay order on the same. This is clearly a case of disregarding the NCLT, hence a case of contempt of court.
- The NCLAT Order (27/01/2022), which found irregularities and illegalities in the resolution process engineered by the RBI-appointed CoC, was stayed by the Supreme Court of India on 11/04/2022, following the appeal made by Mr. Piramal against the said NCLAT order.
How did Mr. Piramal manage to get such hastened justice in both the above occasions when more than 6k cases are pending in the Indian courts? As per the Sections 7, 8 and 9 of the Prevention of Corruption Act (1988), did not Mr. Piramal exercise personal influence to derive gratification from the concerned public servants, viz.,
- Mrs. Nirmala Sitharaman (Finance and Corporate Affairs Minister, the Government of India),
- Mr. Shaktikanta Das (the Governor, the Reserve Bank of India),
- Mr. R. Subramaniakumar (The RBI-appointed Administrator of DHFL)
- and Mrs. Charu Sandeep Desai (Authorized Representative of the Fixed Deposit Holders of DHFL)?
Moreover, it is alleged that terror-funding/political donation/political charity is involved in the biggest financial scam, viz., the DHFL Scam since a significant amount of money was laundered to the ruling party, mediated by Dawood Ibrahim and Iqbal Mirchi. On the basis of the attached documents, it may be inferred that it is transparently a case of predetermined handing over of an ongoing concern to the secondary kin of a politically favoured/political privileged business tycoon in the context of crony and monopoly capitalist regime or plutocratic society (as alleged by various foreign media houses and institutes like the Freedom Press, the V-Dem Institute etc.).
INDIA WOUNDED: A BIRD’S EYE VIEW VIEW HERE ⤡
The entire DHFL scam defeats the motto of Lokpal: “ma grdah kasyacit dhanam” [“do not covet like vultures (a prohibited word in the Indian Parliament) the wealth of others“, the first mantra of the Isoponisad].
It is also to be mentioned that the simulated DHFL scam is an instance of financial abuse involving the curtailment/infringement of business-related rights as per the United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights ⤡ in this context, the “Access to remedy for victims of business-related abuses”.
I hope that necessary action shall be taken in this regard by the concerned authority of the Lokpal. Kindly also suggest the procedure for officially filing this complaint at the Lokpal in the Digital India.
Thanking you in anticipation,
Dr. Debaprasad Bandyopadhyay
ON BEHALF OF ALL THE DHFL FD AND NCD HOLDERS [USUAL DISCLAIMERS APPLY]
Residential Address: Anekanta, 23/1, Joy Narayan Banerji Lane, Baranagar, Kolkata- 700036, West Bengal, India
Cell Nos: 9830630707, 9051184123, 7044269477
1. The List of Source Documents (electronic evidence) consulted to file the complaint
2. The summary of the facts/allegations
3. The offences committed by the RBI-appointed DHFL CoC
4. Aadhaar Card of the Complainant (not uploading on the OBMA Portal due to security reasons, though the original Aadhaar was sent to the Lokpal)
बहुजनहिताय बहुजनसुखाय च॥
(“For the happiness of the many,
for the welfare of the many”)